Friday, January 20, 2012

Back in the saddle!


Sorry for the extensive absence that has expanded over four months! Now that I have graduated I finally have time to get back into the swing of things. Having left in October, a lot has happened since. The week after my last post I went out to Zucotti Park to join the masses for an occupy wall street demonstration. 

Somehow I managed to get interviewed.

http://rt.com/usa/news/wall-street-occupy-people-509/


During this event I started a new concentration: The Proud Pidgeon.

Inspired to make a piece political I started working with eagles. However, the normal American citizen is not an eagle. We aren't predators, nor are we few in number. I feel our indentity is more akin to a pigeon in those regards. We are strong in number, each individually unique, and capable of making our presence known when we gather together. What started out as a few wheatpastes around wall street started to 
infiltrate my artwork.


I've got a lot of other things to bring up to date other than pigeons and politics so hopefully soon I can show more of what I have been up to. Thanks for dropping by and lets make this the best 
New Year yet!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment